With Google Sheets your locations can always stay easily synced. All changes you make in Closeby will be pushed as new rows to your synced Google Sheet in real time and any changes you make on Google Sheets will be pulled in to Closeby automatically.
This integration is currently in beta so please send us feedback and if you have any issues please email email@example.com so we can help you out.
Connecting a Google Sheet
- On the locations page, click the "Sync Google Sheet" button on the top right
- Click "Login with Google" to connect your Google account. Closeby will ask for permissions to manage a Google Sheet.
- Closeby will create a new Google Sheet in your Google account, you can see the link to the sheet on the integrations page. The name of the sheet will be Closeby locations (synced with closeby.co). If you want feel free to rename the sheet and move it into another folder for your own organization.
- Any locations that you already had in Closeby should be populated in this sheet and you should see the headers for "Title", "Address", "Website", etc. These headers have notes with more details.
- That's it! Every hour or so Closeby will check for changes on the Google Sheet and pull in the new locations. And every time you load your dashboard Closeby will also check for changes.
|id||Location ID. Leave blank if adding a new location and do not edit if filled in unless deleting a row.|
|Title||Location Name||Any text|
|Address||Location address that must be valid with a service like Google Maps. If you've having trouble, it is recommended to type it into Google Maps and copy/paste the resulting street address.||Strictly formatted address|
|Website||Website of the store location||Any url|
|Phone||Phone number of location||Any phone number|
|Categories||List of location categories||Comma separated list without spacing|
|Hours Sun - Sat||Hours the location is open each day||
24-hour time formatting with dash separator
|Description||The text description to be added to a location||
Plaintext (no formatting allowed)
Formatting location hours
- Formatting for location hours. In the hours for "Hours Sun", "Hours Mon", etc. format your hours like this: "HH:MM-HH-MM"
- For example: 9am to 5pm should be entered like this "09:00-17:00"
- If this location opens an closes during the same day. For example 7am to 12noon and also 4pm to 8pm then it should be entered like this: "07:00-12:00, 16:00-20:00"
Import locations with Google Sheets
Even if you do not plan to use Google Sheets to always manage your locations, you can temporarily enable the integration to import locations before disconnecting the integration. Disconnecting your Google account will not delete your locations, so you can always reconnect it in the future if needed.